I’ve witnessed friends get more pregnant seemingly overnight. Yesterday I was just saying to my sister that my belly had seemed to plateau since it first popped out. Well, this morning I said to D, “I feel pregnant.” He looked at me and said, “You look pregnant.” A co-worker also commented on how I seemed larger today than yesterday. Amazing how that works. I don’t think it’s just my clothing choice because I am wearing a similar style shirt today as yesterday. D did take me out on a date last night and bought me a large dinner (which I ate all of). Maybe that’s why? Getting bigger doesn’t bother me though. I think it will be kind of nice to be beyond the stage when people just look at me and wonder what’s going on rather than just treat me like a pregnant lady.
This weekend D and I are going to a flea market at a local church. That will make three weekends in a row of going garage/rummage saling on Saturday morning. Tis the season down here. For those of you who know what I mean, we are having Ukarumpa weather right now. I love it! Especially because it means I can snooze in my car after lunch if I want. We’ve been walking more frequently after work too. Sometimes I even sneak in a walk midday.
Besides rummaging through junk, we’ve got planting, painting, cleaning and oil changing planned for this weekend. I think we’ll be busy enough. I asked D if he’d like to attend a free concert on Saturday night, and he reminded me that by then, I might be too exhausted to attend myself. Good point! He’s a smart guy. Wish he had more input on my quandary about certain baby supplies. Most often when I diverge into stroller, crib, bath, diaper talk, he looks a little uninterested. He’ll probably have a stronger opinion about such things after he’s had a chance to use them day in and day out. It’s hard to make good decisions about functionality with very little experience. Fortunately, we’ve got some great advice from family members and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment