As you can see by the side by side photo above, I'm definitely growing! 16 weeks means we are only 4 weeks away from halfway through the pregnancy. Woo hoo!
Things are stretching and causing me pain, but otherwise seem to be going well. I have another doctor visit this coming Monday and hope to continue to hear good reports. I still personally feel plagued by worry. It is so hard for me to trust that everything will be ok. My brain would rather dwell on thoughts of losing our baby, premature birth, defects from something I'm doing wrong, you name it. A friend encouraged me to get in the Word more regularly and get back into the habit of quiet time. That is definitely helping, but I still lay awake some nights.
One visualization has helped me as well. I visualize holding my baby with arms outstretched on open palms. I first came across the concept of holding something dear this way from Dave Ramsey. He indicates that we need to hold our money with open hands because nothing can either flow into or out of closed fists. I think the concept is a good one of how we should hold our children too. If I clutch this baby to my chest, yes, it may not go anywhere and I may have a false security of thinking nothing bad will happen. However, nothing good can flow into my child's life either unless I hold him or her out before God. God can then shower that baby with blessing, now and throughout its life. Besides, who better to trust with the safety and health of my child than the Father? Still, I don't believe I possess the grace to say, "The Lord gives, the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." Please continue to pray with us that God allows us to carry a healthy baby to term and parent it for many years.

No comments:
Post a Comment