Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Hunt

It seems as though we are becoming regular old Americans.  We are anticipating Black Friday.  Eeeek!  I think I went shopping once on Black Friday and vowed to never do it again, and on that occasion I wasn't even trying to get one of the top bargains.  This year may be a little different.  About 3 weeks ago our TV died.  I can't say we're too disappointed because it was a set we retrieved from the garbage.  However, we did not realize how addicted we are to TV.  Neither of us are big TV watchers.  There's rarely anything good on, but we do enjoy the occasional hour (when something's on) to relax and just be entertained.  We are especially missing our Saturday diet of This Old House or Hometime and our Sunday AFV entertainment.  We are either not willing to succumb to our addictive tendencies or we are just that crazy about a bargain and have decided to wait and get a deal on a new TV on Black Friday.

It seems that desires for new things come in waves.  Along with the long list of things we "need" for baby, we've added a few other things recently to our shopping list.  I would like a new jelly roll or roasting pan that is not coated with Teflon.  I get so sick of trying not to scrape Teflon off my pans into my latest batch of granola.  D, being the wonderful engineer that he is, found a perfect pan for me on mcmaster.com (where he buys tools and supplies at work).  I asked if this pan is OK for food and he assured me by showing me all the specs online.  I doubt we'll be able to find these at McMaster, but we have decided its time to invest in beefed up dental hygiene products too.  D seems to have deep pockets in his gums and is headed for periodontal disease unless his gums grow back.  The dentist of course wants us to spend $500 on treatments and tools for preventative care.  My thinking is, let's try the recommended Sonicare toothbrush and Waterpik and see how things improve in the next six months.  If not, we can always consider more later.  His teeth won't fall out today.  D agrees because it means he won't have to return to the dentist any sooner than required and he'll get two new gadgets.  So I guess Christmas will be coming early this year, and this is after we said we'd keep it low key and maybe buy one nice thing for us to share.  Ho hum.  I guess it's better now while we still have two incomes.

Besides all that, I'm pleased to say I am feeling better today.  Tuesday into Wednesday of this week I came down with a cold.  Not fun while pregnant.  All the coughing and sneezing makes my poor, stretching tummy hurt all the more.  Like I said though, I'm feeling better today and that is cause for a smile, not more whining.  I'm hoping to be fully well by Saturday so that we can enjoy the day by going to a local arts/crafts fair that we really enjoy.  D's hoping they have turkey legs this year.  I'm hoping they have places to sit down for periodic browsing breaks.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment