Monday, October 4, 2010

12 Weeks

It was exciting to make it to 12 weeks this past Friday. Here’s to anticipation of feeling less “ugh!” So far I haven’t seen much improvement in the energy or nausea departments, but we’re hoping for relief soon none the less.



Despite D coming down with a cold, we had a productive weekend. He worked at church Saturday morning while I went rummage saling with a friend. That afternoon after refreshing naps it was down to some house cleaning and other Saturday chores. On Sunday we spent most of the morning at church and stopped at Panera for soup at lunch. Pregnant ladies and husbands with colds can agree quite easily on soup. After another round of naps, we even had enough energy for a short bike ride. The weather has been wonderful here that last few days! I guess we just couldn’t resist getting out even if our bodies protested a bit.

We have recently enjoyed finding a local lady who distributes organic vegetables for a better price than the grocery stores. This past week we received apples, pears, grapes, mushrooms, okra, green beans, lettuce, carrots and tomatoes in our order from her. The green beans, mushrooms, grapes and apples have been delicious and I’m guessing the rest won’t disappoint. I’ve got to figure out how to cook the okra though. I manage ok when it comes from a can or the freezer, but seem to have a hard time softening up the fresh stuff. I might have to do some internet research.

We have also been harvesting more from our garden. Some of our sweet potatoes are ready and so far have been very tasty. D is enjoying digging for them. He says it is exciting to find them in the soil. I’m glad because I’d rather watch. Our garden also continues to produce green peppers and jalapenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment