Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh yeah... I have a blog.

I’m having a slow afternoon. I was sitting here thinking what I could do next and then remembered that I have a blog and people who are eager to read it. Let me tell you a little about what’s been going on in our world.

Over the weekend we finished the last two loads of mulch in our back yard. The whole thing is officially garden and no longer lawn. Now we just need more plants. They'll come over time as we find free ones and good bargains. We’re determined to have a garden we love, but not one that breaks the bank. Maybe I can post a picture soon of our work. Of course there’s much more work to come to maintain our space. Already the grass is poking through in areas we mulched in weeks past. I need to get out there and weed soon. This evening we are going to get plants to add to our front yard. I found someone who wants to get rid of 14-15 oleander bushes. Hopefully they will be suitable for the space by our air conditioner. We’d like to find something that will provide some more shade on that side of the house. Hopefully they won’t be too difficult to dig up. We get them free if we dig them up and haul them. Good thing we’ve got a truck!

Sunday was a busy day for us as we had responsibilities at church with VBS ending and needing special chair arrangements, a tent up, and areas blocked off from parking. D was in charge because he is the “events deacon.” We also had a lunch get together, sort of a shower, for our friends who had a baby recently. It was enjoyable to spend time with friends, but we were bushed when we got home. So much for a relaxing weekend!

To compensate for our lack of relaxing, we went swimming at a friend’s pool last night. It was good incentive to get the house cleaned quickly. We spent about an hour soaking and swimming in the pool. Ahh! It felt so good. Our friends are on a cruise right now, so we got the whole thing to ourselves. Hearing them talk about their impending cruise and now thinking about them while they’re away makes me want to go on our cruise sooner rather than later. Can’t wait for vacation!!!

D and I also made an impulse buy on Saturday. We decided to go with Boost Mobile and went and bought a new phone. So far we really like it. For only a few $ per month more than we were spending, we could get unlimited minutes, text and web. Quite an upgrade from our 450 phone minutes only per month plan! Our number remains the same, so no need to provide an updated one. Yeah! Also, for those of you who text, our phone is open for business. Feel free to send me one and I’ll see if I can reply.

Not much else new around here. We are definitely looking forward to the long weekend. We’ve got a party to attend and we may go kayaking and see the fireworks with a friend. There will also be ample household chores I’m sure.

So far a pretty good week. Can’t complain when we got another new nephew this week, complements of Becky and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment