Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Job!!!!

So my last post left most of you thinking my job search had found a dead end.  I thought the same and then I was asked back for a second interview at the financial company I had interviewed with previously.  After confirming I am very serious about the financial assistant position they were offering, they made me an offer.  I accepted their offer with much delight.  I have been itching to tell you all week, but wanted to wait until I had the official paperwork.  It would be rather embarrassing to tell everyone and then find out they had changed their minds or something.  Meet the new Jenae, financial planner.  I start in early September to allow them some more time to prepare for a new employee.  They plan to start me off with learning tax info and then help me gain education to become a para-planner and then finally a certified financial planner.  There's even a possibility I could become a partner in their business.  The weight of their expectations is a little overwhelming, but I have been underwhelmed in my career for so long that I'm ecstatic even though I'm a little scared.  God has blessed me richly.  Thank you for your prayers.

The people I will be working for seem great.  They already invited D and me to a BBQ before I'm even working their.  I can tell they are positive, productive people and I'm looking forward to working with them.  There's definitely a commitment to working hard when it's time and quitting when it's time to go home.  No one in the company is supposed to work Fridays.  Yeah for a 3-day weekend every week!  D asked what I plan to do with all my free time.  I told him that I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Not much else new in our world.  D remains very busy in his job.  They had significant deadlines to meet and the pressure is on.  For the most part he handles it well.  Having to stay late is not fun for him.

We are well.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment