When I arrived home last Friday, D asked me if I would like to go to Disney on Saturday. I'm sure I looked at him as though he had lost his marbles. It turns out that his marbles were intact and some friends of ours were giving away tickets to Disney. The only catch, we had to use them immediately before they expired. So after a quick phone call to our friends to see how and when we could acquire their tickets, it was decided, we were going to Disney. OK, which Disney park? There are 6, you know. Per our friends' suggestion and our desire to stay away from "It's a small world after all," as much as possible, we decided on Animal Kingdom. It was a fun park. Mostly animals from all over the world and a few rides. The heat was a little much and there was still some Disney "cheese" about, but we really enjoyed ourselves. I think it was a good change of pace for us.
Sunday became catch up day though as a result of being gone all Saturday. After church there was laundry to get done, naps to take, homework to work on and a few other weekend chores. Wait, did I just say homework? Yep that's right. In preparation for my new job, I am taking a tax course. It is six parts and I am nearly through the first section. My goal is to have the whole course completed before I start my job in hopes of making a good first impression with my new bosses. Overachieve much?
Hmmm. What else can I say? We recently got it into our heads (OK more like my head and I'm dragging D along too) that we would like to build a garden shed. I'm hoping that we'll be able to build it out of recycled material and make it quaint looking. I'm already looking at our neighbors' garbage to find scraps and I think D is shaking his head a little. I've got these hair-brained ideas, but I need his skills to make them come to life. Hopefully I can get him as enthused about it as I am. One bright spot for him would be more room in his garage as we would move the gardening tools and supplies out. I'll have to keep working on that selling point. We're definitely going to wait until cool weather returns if we do anything though.
Well, when I'm out of things to say, they'll be more another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment