Nothing terribly exciting to report yet, but I feel as though the winds of change are picking up. On Monday my boss asked me about my change in attitude. I guess my growing angst at work was that evident. Upon hearing this, I felt that I had nothing to lose by telling her the truth. What's the worst that could happen? I could lose my job! Great! Maybe that would be just the encouragement I need to move along. However, I didn't lose my job. My boss actually listened to me, apologized for the things she has done to contribute to my misery, and approached what could change to make things better. Today I felt better about my job and things were less stressful, but it will take some time to see if things will change. I am still actively pursuing other opportunities as I still feel that is best for my well being. Today I continued toying with the idea of going back to school and had a great discussion with D about the reality of pursuing more education and a career change. We both agreed that I should not pursue something that would conflict with our other priorities and goals. The wheels in my head are still turning and some of my hope has returned.
D is Deacon on duty this week. That always makes for a busy Sunday as he has to be at church for both morning services. Throughout the week he is in charge of the Deacon Helpline. Nothing yet as of this evening, but the Deacon Helpline can become very demanding if several people call in seeking financial help. It is always tough to make financial assistance decisions, but we are blessed to be a part of a church that can offer help. Sunday evening we attended a Strategic Planning meeting at church and heard all about where the leaders would like to take our church. The future seems very exciting, but expensive at the same time.
Not much else to say this week. Gotta go snuggle my kitties before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment