Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busy, busy

It has been a busy week.  Too busy for me to even collect my thoughts and sit down to write something until now.  Work is busy because I am phone screening candidates to fill a bunch of job openings in another location.  It is particularly time consuming because the process is very disorganized.  It is nice to have enough activity for the days to go by quickly though.  Some of you know that I head up the Barnabas Ministry at my church, and that has picked up a lot this week too.  Barnabas attempts to help families facing challenges by providing hospital visits, meals, etc.  I am responsible for coordinating needs with the people willing to fill those needs.  This week we have a mom who's on bed rest and can't drive her daughter to school, several in the hospital and a few more who just need some encouragement.  It's keeping me hopping.

This morning I woke up and remembered something I forgot to do yesterday.  That's usually a sign that I am getting too busy.  My brain can't hold everything and starts to leak.  Hopefully I can regroup soon.  This weekend may not be the time for that as we have a church work day and I have a friend's babyshower to attend.  Any suggestions for a nice, but low-cost gift?  I wish I had time to make something for her.  Would an IOU be tacky?

Last weekend was lovely though.  D and I decided to get out of the house on Saturday.  Sort of a Valentine's outing.  We went to a sculpture gardens, some neat shops and one of our favorite burrito restaurants.  Here's a picture for the gardens.

We also enjoyed the plants.  Wish we could grow bamboo like this in our backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment