Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spontaneity

D said at breakfast on Saturday morning that we should play first and then do our Saturday chores. Mom always said the play is more fun when the work is done, but sorry Mom, I have to submit to the will of my husband now. (Hee hee.) You don’t have to convince me twice to put off doing laundry and grocery shopping. So I asked D what he proposed for fun. He surprised me by saying he wanted to go mountain biking, something we hadn’t done for a couple years. For those of you who know Florida, you’re probably wondering where we found mountains. Although the trails nearby aren’t too mountainous, they can be very challenging. Maybe a better description for the activity would be off-road biking. Well to prove that Jenae, being the wimp that I am sometimes, did go, here’s a picture.

It was super fun and the weather was perfect. We returned to the car with about 10 miles on D’s bike odometer and no major wipeouts. My peddles are kind of scuffed up though. I have the hardest time remembering to keep my peddles up when coasting and not drop one foot down.

Having had our outing on Saturday, we anticipated a lazy Sunday afternoon reading and working on a puzzle.

Our friends had other plans for our afternoon after they found a free hot tub on Craigslist. They called up and asked for a favor. Little did we know that the favor involved lifting and moving a heavy hot tub. But we got it done and they were gracious enough to cook us dinner and entertain us for the evening. They did have the Super Bowl on, so I can’t say that I didn’t watch it. I actually saw the most exciting part of the game where the Saints (the underdogs) broke out and made two touch downs, securing their win. I think we can still hear them celebrating in New Orleans. It’s great that their city was encouraged by the win, but I am always surprised by how much stock people put in football. Some were calling the win the city’s salvation. Woa, a little over the top. Hopefully our friends will have us over for hot tub parties as soon as they get it fixed and clean.

This morning it was my turn to be spontaneous. One advantage of catching some Super Bowl commercials was finding out that Denny’s is offering free breakfast today. Instead of going to the gym early this morning, I convinced D to take me to Denny’s. By 5:40a there were already about 75 people lined up and waiting. We were seated and served within about 30 minutes of our arrival time. Not too bad considering it was free. For those of you who like breakfast, Denny’s is also bringing back their free breakfast on your birthday this year. I joked with D that it’s good there is not a Denny’s in Pella. The line of Dutchmen wanting free breakfast would be wrapped around the restaurant twice!

For the inquiring minds who want to know, I have a Dr’s appointment this week to follow-up on my lab results.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the picture update as well! Thanks, Jenae. Good things for husbands that can turn things on their heads sometimes, eh? ;)

    Thanks for keep us posted - I like this new resolution and feel more "in touch," although I guess it is only one-way....

    Theresa.

    ReplyDelete