I am writing in the garden. To write as one should of a garden one must write not outside it or merely somewhere near it, but in the garden. - F. Hodgson Burnett
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Sweet, Messy Life
A's favorite things are quickly becoming more and more messy as she approaches toddlerhood. She loves to stand or sit by our sliding glass doors. This morning she stood there, pointed to things and told me all about what she could see outside. The only trouble is she likes to put fingers and toes in the track of the door. This track was vigorously cleaned by D but still has grease so the door slides easily. Consequently, we are cleaning blackened fingers and toes multiple times per day. The white tile in the Kitchen often has trails of black smudges showing where the dirty little girl has gone. Speaking of white. I found A in a sea of white yesterday morning and this morning. Yesterday it was the guest bath toilet paper and this morning it was the master bath's. She loves to pull and pull and then shred and shred. We had gotten smart and put the toilet paper up on the counter, but she still manages to get it somehow. I wonder what she's climbing onto? Maybe she was just preparing far in advance for the spaghetti mess she'd make at supper. Boy can A eat! I often portion out more than I think she'll eat and then find myself refilling the bowl after she's devoured her first helping. I guess with two parents who love to eat she doesn't get it from anyone strange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Messy can be good, imagine how good that grease feels on her hands. Maybe you can find white grease or use soap or wax to help the doors slide. Just give it time, she will move on to something else that is messy - it's all part of the fun.
ReplyDelete