Monday, March 19, 2012

Climb first. Figure out how to get down later.

This seems to be A's latest motto.  She's definitely turning into quite the climber, scaling things that look too high for her little legs to stretch.  Leaves me wondering, "Are they supposed to climb before they can walk?"


Maybe we can blame the new risk-taking behavior on Grandma and Grandpa withdrawal.  They came for a visit at the beginning of March.  A warmed up to them fairly quickly and boy did she have fun.  The rest of us really enjoyed our time together too.  A was just getting over croup and I over a cold.  D did unfortunately come down with something by the end of our time in Daytona, but the majority of our time was spent happy and healthy.

Swinging time with Grandpa


On the tour tram

Standing on the finish line of the Daytona Speedway

A picture with a Musco truck for Uncle Nato

The winner's circle

View from one of the highest sky boxes

The last winning car covered with confetti and champagne

Ponce Inlet Lighthouse (what a great view from the top!)

Sunrise walk on the beach

Our hotel was the short one in the background

Grandma took a new family picture for us

2 comments:

  1. As for climbing, well...I think the sky is the limit! I think most of my kids were climbers. And I think I remember being told what a climber I was also. I do remember enjoying climbing trees. I don't remember being told I couldn't climb - just that I had to hold on and not fall!

    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do climb before they walk!! But she climbed the step before, this is just a little higher!
    She is really talking.

    ReplyDelete