Thursday, April 29, 2010

We're truckin' now

During a lovely weekend with my friend Lindsay's family, we went to see a truck for sale in their neck of the woods.  It had been used for a pressure washing business and needed some TLC, but seemed like it was in good mechanical condition and it met our search criteria.  After talking the selling price down $400, we purchased the Tacoma and D drove it home Sunday evening.  Here's the man in his "new" truck:


We had a lovely weekend.  On Saturday morning while Lindsay and I just wanted to talk, D and Lindsay's husband Tim went wading/fishing on the salt water flats.  They seemed to have enjoyed themselves even though they didn't catch anything big enough to keep.  Fortunately, they stopped at a fish market on the way home, so we still got fresh fish for dinner.  Lindsay and her daughter Elena talked with me, showed me the animals and plants around the farm where they live and share their wonderful berries with me.  We stood under the mulberry tree twice on Saturday and just ate to our heart's content.  We were pretty purple, especially 20 mo. old Elena, when we were through.  With the guys back home and Elena freshly napped, we headed to the Edison/Ford Estates and museum.  It was facinating to see the laboratories and inventions of these history-shaping men.  Their waterside estates and gardens were also very impressive.  I loved the way the architecture was very Florida, big windows and openness to let the breeze flow freely.  After enjoying morning church and lunch with our friends, we had just enough time for another farm walk to get a few plants and seeds to take home and then it was time to head home.  I had a little, white truck with a good-looking man in it following me the whole way.

Since returning home we've worked hard to get the truck cleaned to our standards.  D scrubbed and scrubbed the exterior as I deep cleaned and detailed in the interior.  Last night he rented a carpet cleaner with an upholtery attachement and went to town on the seats.  I think he pulled four bucket fulls of choclate-milk-looking water from the seats.  Yuck, but so nice to have done.

While we had the carpet cleaner on hand I thought it would be wise to clean the carpet in the one room that still has it.  I worked on moving everything out and got to go over it once D was finished.  More work tonight to put everything back.  We've got Bible study tonight as well though, so the house might stay in disaray a little longer.

I am eager to get back into my garden and start using D's truck to get supplies.  He mentioned he's uncertain about putting dirty things in it now that it's clean.  He would like a bedliner sprayed on, and I think that's great.  In the mean time though,  I still want to use it.  I am also very eager to hear back from the folks I second interviewed with on Monday.  From my observations, I think it went well.  I can't read the hiring managers' minds though.  They mentioned that they would get in contact with me soon.  Soon is today, right?  I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I can't think of much besides getting the job while I wait.

Here are some pictures from our weekend for your viewing pleasure:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the update. What a lovely-sounding weekend! :-) Best wishes as you try to wait patiently.

    By the way, I loved the pics! The one of the three lovely ladies is now my computer background for a while. It is motivating me to keep my eyes out for a deal to FL.... ;) I'll keep you posted.

    Love T.

    ReplyDelete