Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What's next?

Every day I find myself consistently frustrated with my present work circumstances.  I told D, "I'm having a good morning until I get to work and then I have a good day again when I get back home."  It's not just that being at home is so wonderful.  Daily I am reminded that it may be time not only for a new job but also a new career path.  Most days I feel exasperated.  So to that end, I have started sending my resume to prospective employers.  Ideally, I would like to find something close to D's work so that we might carpool and something part-time.  Financially we can afford for me to work less than fulltime and I think I would really enjoy being able to devote more of my time to my responsibilities at home and at church.  Also, it might open more time for me to be able to form better relationships with my friends who are young mothers and do not work fulltime.  I have started the job hunt activity and now just need the whole process bathed in prayer.  I'm sure God has something prepared for me, but I am not sure how much longer I can wait for it.  Please pray for a new opportunity, but the word "soon" is also something very important in my prayers right now.

I wanted to enclose a picture of something we're doing right now, but haven't come up with anything yet.  Maybe I can snap one when we are juicing tangelos tonight.  We are so blessed to have good friends who give us their extra citrus.  We have picked grapefruit, oranges, tangelos and sour tangerines from their trees already.  The juice we alreay made was delicious and we hope the tangelos produce juice that is just as yummy.  The citrus makes us feel like we still live in Florida even though the temps are in the freezing range.  I felt this past week that it would be unfair for someone to be visiting this week.  They come expecting to lay out by the pool and run around in shorts, and instead have to keep their winter coats on.  We're looking forward to temps back in the 70's this weekend.  I better stop there before you northerners get jealous.

On Sunday night D and I started Financial Peace Univeristy (FPU) at church.  It is a course designed mostly to help financially strapped people get out of debt and begin building wealth.  Although we are fairly healthy financially, we felt it important to take FPU to support our church's initiative to get more of its member to be financially responsible.  It was hard for us to talk with others about finances or encourage them to get help without personally experiencing what our church offers as help.  Hopefully we can help teach others as we learn together.  We feel that we have been blessed with financial common sense from our Dutch parents.  I'm sure there's still more we can learn.

Coming full circle back to a job for Jenae.  For those of you who are wondering... yes, we would be thrilled if God chooses motherhood as my next career.  I've already given Him my resume.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you both!
    "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is FAITHFUL."
    Hebrews 10:23

    ReplyDelete