This is the score so far from my job hunt. I have inquired into six positions. One responded with a request for me to send my credit report to them. I could tell it was a scam from my hiring experience and verified it through other applicants around the county who have experienced the same. So sad that there are people willing to take advantage of people looking for a job, most of which are probably unemployed and clinging to the hope of a positive response. So far, no one has called to set up an interview, but the process is still young and I am hopeful that something awaits.
Last Friday D came home excited about his work. Such a refreshing contrast to what I am experiencing. God has blessed us. He is to start phase 2 of what they call “mini-VCC” at his work. It is part of a cooling system that is to be worn by soldiers or others who work in extreme heat. The current system is in testing, and they are already looking into phase 2 to remain competitive in the personal cooling market. He has had some involvement in the original project, but now he has much more responsibility for the design and improvement of the system. I told him that I think he is just the man for the job. I think his boss knows how talented D is with taking something to the next level. Aside from feeling the effects of a lingering cold, D is enthusiastic about getting out of bed and off to work each day. Again, we are blessed.
I just finished reading Mitch Albom’s book, For One More Day, last night. If you haven’t read the book or seen the movie, I would highly recommend it or any of his other books for that matter. His work is simple yet reaches to the core. The premise of the book is that we take so much of what we have for granted. When it is gone we realize there are so many things we could have done and wish for one more day. This is especially true of relationships. I tend to be very task focused and often run right past people and their needs. This became all to present for me again over the weekend when D left the house to spend some time with his guy friends. I realized that I would have a very hard time organizing something to do with the gals I call my friends because I am not very active in my relationships with them. Spending time with them is not part of my normal routine or theirs, and asking them to do something on a whim would probably be an inconvenience. I am not saying this to gain sympathy. It is more of an observation than anything. People can’t just be a part of my life when I want them to be. There has to be consistency one way or the other.
D and I also went to a Home Show last weekend. We decided that we should take advantage of some of the events in the city in which we live. It was fun. There were some rather pushy sales people, but also some helpful ones. NASA had a booth and a mobile, blow-up planetarium. I’ll let you try and figure out what that looks like and why it was a home show. We enjoyed the show. On the way home we decided we could wait a few years before going to another show. Kind of like the IA State Fair for those of you who have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment