Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Anticipation

It’s hard to wait, especially with the knowledge that I’ll finally be able to feel normal again after our baby arrives. That is, normal and sleep deprived. However, we’ve probably still got at least 10 weeks to wait. We’ve been told to cherish these last few months together before the chaos of new parenthood begins, but it’s been hard, to say the least. Maybe I’d be in a more cherishing mood if I weren’t anemic, still feeling sinus pressure, continuing to pray fervently for no more nose bleeds and already experiencing the aches and pains of trimester #3. Check back with me after labor and delivery, but right now I’d say that pregnancy is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. You can decide whether or not that means I need to challenge myself more in life.

I had to complain a little, makes me feel better, but honestly it does help communicate some of what’s really going on. D continues to be a wonderful, supportive husband. Good thing too because we just started our Bradley birthing classes which are centered around the husband as coach. So far we’ve only had one class and learned some about stretching and relaxing to prepare the body for labor. Our homework includes a 20 minute daily routine. I’m also tracking what I’m eating this week. Our next lesson covers nutrition. Personally, I think I’m doing quite well in that department, but we’ll find out soon. Fortunately, I have a healthy appetite, one that craves ice cream, yes, but in moderation.

This weekend we washed and put away lots of hand-me-down baby clothes and further organized the baby’s room. Although, I don’t have much energy, the nesting instinct still motivates me to do some things. We think our cats are picking up on the changes too. So far the fact that there is different furniture and stuff in the blue room has piqued their curiosity. Maggie has taken to snuggling in everything she can access, the carseat, the stroller, the rocking chair. Callisto too thought the stroller would be a great place to hide until D started rolling it around with her in it.


Maggie is also infatuated with my tummy. Every time she jumps onto my lap she must stand on it and attempt to massage it. The other day she was “hugging” me while she slept. She’s sweet until she digs her sharp claws in.


If you were hoping for something other than pregnancy anecdotes, sorry. Right now, it is hard to focus on little else.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! How is the iron enriching going? I found that the toughest thing to work through.

    ReplyDelete