Every once in awhile we remember that Disney World is nearby and we decide to mingle with the countless tourists who visit our city. Usually these occasions happen simultaneously to special promotions to Florida residents. Last Saturday was no exception. Because of a 20% discount for Florida residents, we purchased tickets to Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba. This is a show we’ve been interested in attending since we moved here and thought it was time to go even if we weren’t really celebrating anything. It was cool, weird, but cool. They combine circus stunts with music, humor, choreography, lights, color and total randomness. We’re still not entirely sure what story they were trying to tell. We just enjoyed it for the sensory experience it was. The theatre is located in Downtown Disney, a free part of the park. We walked around the shops and restaurants with throngs of Hawaiian-shirt-clad men and skimpily-dressed women and remembered how glad we are to live on the opposite side of town. I am often puzzled by the appeal of such places. Why do so many people want to hang out there? We found little to do that didn’t involve shelling out more money. I guess we’ll never be very good tourists.
The escape from reality was nice. The week since has been very realistic. I look forward daily to when I get to leave work for the comforts of home and my garden. D looks forward to being in the garage as he continues to touch up and buff his truck. I’ve planted seeds and have had success with most of them germinating. Now I just need to keep my seedlings alive long enough for them to be big enough to plant outside. Seeds are so much less expensive than plants, so I am hoping to get proficient at growing things from seeds, and from cuttings. I need to get some rooting powder though to help in that department. Cuttings are like free plants if I can just get them to root!
We are looking forward to a normal weekend, and hopefully a relaxing one. Next weekend we hope to celebrate our 4th Anniversary. It is D’s year to plan something. I must confess that I have given him more suggestions than I should. It is so hard for me not to jump in and plan because I love to plan fun things. He’s fully capable though, and I hope he surprises me. We won’t be trying to top last year though. I’m not sure what tops skydiving?

No comments:
Post a Comment